Spinach Salad with Fresh Peach Balsamic Vinaigrette (4 servings)
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach, washed & dried thoroughly
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into rings, rings separated
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. ripe peach balsamic vinegar
- Dash of ground black pepper, optional
Place spinach in a large serving bowl (or four separate salad bowls). Top with red onion rings, toasted pecans, and crumbled goat cheese.
In a separate mixing bowl or large measuring cup, add ripe peach balsamic vinegar. Slowing pour olive oil into balsamic vinegar, whisking while pouring to emulsify.Drizzle vinaigrette over spinach, red onion, pecans, and goat cheese. Lightly toss to distribute the vinaigrette. Top with ground black pepper, if preferred.
(Other fruity balsamic vinegars, such as blueberry, strawberry, lemon, etc., may be substituted for the ripe peach balsamic vinegar, and will taste just as delicious by complementing the slightly bitter flavor of the spinach.)