Grilling is undoubtedly our favorite outdoor leisure activity; everyone loves it if it is Chicken Barbecue. What if you prepare it with olive oil? You will have some essential nutrients.
Get Rich-Flavored Grilled Barbecue Chicken
Prepare Grilled Barbecue in a few easy steps. But you have to be conscious of the time and temperature. It is better to use an instant-read thermometer to get the food done correctly.
Ingredients to prepare Grilled Barbecue
- 1 whole large chicken with skin
- Extra-virgin Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 2 medium minced cloves of garlic
Directions to Prepare Grilled Barbecue in Olive Oil
Let’s follow the step-by-step recipe below!
Wash the chicken properly and dry it with a paper towel. Place it on a cutting board and take a sharp kitchen shear. Now, remove the backbone by cutting it. Press the chicken to make it lay out flat.
Tuck the wings behind the back and add salt and white pepper for a slight seasoning. Mix the spices like salt, brown sugar, coriander powder, garlic, chile powder, white pepper, and oregano, and form a finely mixed powder.
Apply the mixed spices on the Chicken surface evenly and a few drops of Extra-virgin Olive oil. Put the gas on a high flame or burn the charcoal until an ashy layer is formed. Turn over the charcoals.
Set the grilling pan over the grate and cover it with a lid. After 5-10 minutes, check if the pan is preheated correctly. (120°F). Apply olive oil with a brush.
Set chicken on the grill while placing the skin on the cooler side and legs pointed towards the hotter side. Now, brush the chicken with barbecue sauce and let it cook until it gets dry.
Turn over the chicken and brush the back side of it with barbecue sauce. Just be careful while touching the grills on an instant-read thermometer. Continue to cook until the thick part of the chicken gets up to 135°F.
Cook both sides for almost 7-10 minutes and apply barbecue sauce. When it dries, apply olive oil with a brush to keep it moist. Check with tongs if it is cooked properly and make it grill off. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
Tips for Grilling with Olive Oil
- Always preheat the grill before placing marinated food directly. A grill takes 10-15 minutes to heat up.
- Let the food rest at an average temperature for 30 minutes, especially the frozen food.
- To secure the heat, cover the grill with its lid. It helps in fast cooking while keeping the moisture preserved.
- Monitor the grill time and temperature. You must know how long it will take to cook the meat and set the time on a timer.
- Just remember that wind flow can disturb the flame on a gas grill, or it can flare flames on the charcoal grill.
- Take help from an instant-read meat thermometer to check if the food is cooked properly.
- Apply olive oil with a brush and let it heat until it mildly sizzles over the pan.
Grilling is an art, and one must deal with it consciously while grilling food, especially food. Time and temperature matter a lot. Apply virgin olive oil in a small quantity to make it less greasy.